6.10.2009

Dear Jane-

To My Dear Jane,

You are graduating from preschool tomorrow and I am feeling a world of emotions tonight. I feel like this is the first official thing you are moving on from, and biggest thing you are stepping into. I am thrilled for you to go to Kindergarten in a couple of months, but just the thought of loosing little pieces of you as your grow, makes me think about how lucky I am to be your Mom. It also makes me excited for what is to come. My favorite thing to say to you right now is: "I am so lucky to be your Mom." I find myself saying this constantly, almost daily to you because I truly feel that way. You are my little light in this big world.
The other night I was sad about something. I couldn't sleep. I was in bed tossing & turning. I tried to read, watch TV, count sheep and nothing was working. I was restless. About an hour into this frustrating sleepless night I thought of what would calm me down and make me feel better-and it suddenly dawned on me . I ran across the hall and snuggled into bed with you. I just stared at you and all of my problems seemed to vanish. I fell asleep within minutes. Your beautiful little face and sweet little spirit makes me so happy. You make me feel calm. You bring a peace into my life that I haven't felt before. Thank You Jane. I told you this story the next day and you smiled, put your arms around me and said; "oh thank you Mommy, I love you too!"

Love You Forever,
Mom